Dabeli Recipe With Step by Step Pictures.
it is the most popular fast food from Gujarat and Gujarati people love to have Katchi Dabeli during the whole days, it is a very simple but very unique and interesting recipe made from Aloo or Potato Masala Mixture and Bun Rolls or Pav which is also used in Vada Pav, Pav Bhaji, Misal Pav, Usal Pav,etc.
In Gujarat you can find many different kinds of fast food which are very unique and only available in the cities of Gujarat like fafda Jalebi, Khaman Dhokla, Puri Shaak, Khandvi, Ras Patra, Sev Khamni, Ghughara, Dal Pakwan, Thepla, etc.
On the Foodon TV Network you are going to get authentic as well as original Gujarati recipes cooked and tested by Chef Nikunj Vasoya, most of the Gujarati recipes are very simple and easy to make and always taste very great. Indian cooking is based on some simple cooking method as well as some modern, some complex and orthodox cooking method as well.
I am going to provide you very simple and easy method of cooking old Indian recipes with step by step pictures as well as with video recipe option and I am sure you will definitely going to learn something new and very interesting to make sure that you can cook restaurant like food at home with ease.
Basically in Gujarat you can find two kinds of Dabelis, one is known as Katchi Dabeli and another one is known as regular Dabeli, both almost taste same but Katchi Dabeli is little good in flavour as compared to the regular Dabeli.
In Kutch region of Gujarat people are fond of this and they like eat Dabeli in their breakfast or as a fast food in the evening while shopping or passing from the streets of Kutch Gujarat. You will going to find Dabeli in the many Street Food shop as well as Street Food Carts but you have to choose the best Dabeli Wala by asking the Local people of their area.
If you come to Gujarat then must have the Kutchi Dabeli along with the other Popular Gujarati Street Food likes Vanela Gahitya, Puri Bhajiya, Methina Gota, Bateta Puri, Dahi Vada, Ragda Pettis, Khakhra, Dal Pakvan, Undhiyu Chapadi, Bhel, Dahi Puri, Dahi Thepla, Shri Khand, Matho,etc. In the major Gujarati cities like Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Bhavnagar, Bharuch, Anjar, Mandvi, Dwarka, Junagadh, Valsad, Vapi, Surendranagar, Gandhi Nagar, etc.
You can also find Kutchi Dabeli in the streets of Mumbai along with the other Gujarati and Indian Street Foods from the country. Kutchi Dabeli has became one of the best seller street food in many areas of Mumbai like (Khau Gali) Ghatkopar, Jogeswari, Borivali, Zaveri Bazar ( Marine Lines), etc.
HOW TO COOK KUTCHHI DABELI?
First heat the Oil around 1.5 tbsp, make the Powder of Whole Dry Spices, when Oil get heated put Garlic and Ginger Paste into it, Potatoes, Sugar, Red Chili Powder, Salt according to taste and Garam Masala.
Stir all the things very well.
Add the Home Made Masala and very little bit of Water so we can make nice paste from it. Mash the Potatoes regularly so no chunks are left and everything mix very well.
Cook Potato Mixture at low heat so all the spices don’t get Burnt. our potato mixture is ready so turn the heat off.
Put some Graded Coconut and some Fresh Coriander Leaves and take it out in a bowl.
Take a Pav, cut it from a corner to end, now Stuff the Pav with Potato Mixture with the help of Spoon, put some Masala Pea Nut on to the Potato Mixture. Run the knife to every side of Pav so it get seal.
Heat the Oil around 1.5 tbsp for Roasting, when Oil get heated put the Dabeli in Pan for Roasting, change the side of it in every 20-30 sec, Roast it at very low heat so it doesn’t Burnt and get Crispy.
When you see some Burnt Spots on Dabeli then take it out, so this is it our Dabeli is ready to Serve.
You can serve it with any kind of Chutney but I am serving with Tomato Ketchup.
- 250 Gms Roughly Chopped Boiled Potatoes.
- 4 Bread (Pav).
- 15 Clause.
- 15 Pepper.
- 1 Small Stick of Cinnamon.
- Some Freshly Chopped Coriander Leaves.
- 50 Gms Graded Coconut.
- 50 Gms Masala Pea Nuts.
- ½ Tsp Garam Masala.
- 2 Tsp Sugar.
- Lemon Juice of 1 Lemon.
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder.
- ½ Tsp Garlic and Ginger Paste.
- Salt to Taste.
- 2-3 Tbtsp Oil.
- First heat the Oil around 1.5 tb tsp, make the Powder of Whole Dry Spices, when Oil get heated put Garlic and Ginger Paste into it, Potatoes, Sugar, Red Chilly Powder, Salt accourding to taste and Garam Masala.
- Stir all the things very well.
- Add the Home Made Masala and very little bit of Water so we can make nice paste from it. Mash the Potatoes regularly so no chungs are left and everything mix very well.
- Cook Potato Mixture at low heat so all the spices don't get Burnt. our potato mixture is ready so turn the heat off.
- Put some Graded Coconut and some Fresh Coriender Leaves and take it out in a bowl.
- Take a Pav, cut it from a corner to end, now Stuff the Pav with Potato Mixture with the help of Spoon, put some Masala Pea Nut on to the Potato Mixture. Run the knife to every side of Pav so it get seal.
- Heat the Oil around 1.5 tb tsp for Roasting, when Oil get heated put the Dabeli in Pan for Roasting, change the side of Dabeli in every 20-30 sec, Roast it at very low heat so it doesn't Burnt and get Crispy.
- When you see some Burnt Spots on Dabeli then take it out, so this is it our dabeli is ready to Serve.
- You can serve it with any kind of Chutney but i am serving with Tomato Catchup.