Recipe for Spring Onion & Tomato Curry-A Curry Recipe for Onion & Tomatoes.
What is Spring Onion & Tomato Curry?
A Spring Onion & Tomato Curry Recipe is an Traditional Gujarati Curry which is very popular in all over the Gujarat and India.In this recipe of Curry you have to add few simple ingredients like Spring Onions, Tomatoes and it gives us as very unique flavor and very best taste of Gujarat.This is a very easy recipe of Indian vegetarian Curry and all the ingredients are available in any Indian Kitchen very easily.This recipe is very healthy and delicious in taste.You can cook this pure vegan recipe for Lunch, Dinner or any special occasion.This recipe is also known as Dungadi Tameta Nu Shaak in Gujarati and Hare Pyaz aur Tamatar Ki Sabzi in Hindi.I am also from Gujarat so I know the original recipe of this curry very well and we cook it very often in winter and it is one of my favourite Gujarati Curry, because we grow every thing at my Farm, so I can get the Fresh Spring Onions, Tomatoes and Coriander Leaves at any time I want.In Gujarati Generally this curry is serve with Rotla a Gujarati Bread Made from Millet Flour but you can also have this with Chapati or Rotli as many Gujarati People do who don't like The Rotla.
Recipe of Yogurt Curry.
Prep Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Level: Easy.
- 1 Cup chopped Tomatoes.
- 1 cup chopped Spring Onions.
- 1 and Half tbsp Oil.
- 1 tsp Red Chili Pepper Powder.
- 1/2 Mustard Seeds.
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds.
- 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- 1/2 tsp of Asofoetida.
- 1/2 tsp Sugar.
- 1 tsp of Coriander & Cumin Seeds Powder.
- Some Fresh Coriander Leaves.
- Salt to Taste.
How to Cook or Cooking Methods.How To Cook Curry.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Than add the Mustard Seeds and Cumin Seeds in to the hot oil.
- When Mustard and Cumin Seeds started slatering add the Tomatoes.
- Stir Fry it for 20 seconds and than cover it for 2 minutes on a medium low heat.
- Than add the Turmeric Powder, Salt and Asofoetida.
- Again mix this well and cover it for further 1 minute..
- Now our Tomatoes should be half cooked so add the Spring Onions.
- Add Red Chilli Powder, Corinader and Cumin Seeds Powder too.
- Again stir it very well.
- Cover it for another 2 minutes.
- Now our Curry should be cooked.
- Than add some freshly chopped coriander leaves and garnish it in your own style or as garnished in the above photo of Spring Onion and Tomato Curry Recipe.
- Serve this Delicious looking curry with Maski Paratha or any other Indian Bread Recipes of your choice.
- You can cook this recipes for Lunch.
- You can cook this recipes for Dinner.
- You can cook this recipe for any Party.
Recommend Meal Menus
- Papaya Salad.
- Spring Onion & Tomato Curry( Above Recipe).
- Maski Paratha.
- Dal Fry and Rice.
- Masala Butter Milk or Salted Lassi.
- Indian Dessert.
- Watch Video of this Recipe.
- Be careful while cooking this recipe your spices should not burnt.
- This is a very easy and Secret Recipe from Nikunj Vasoya's Secret Cooking Book on Gujarati Cuisine.
- It Will be a Perfect Recipe for any Restaurant Menu who like to serve Gujarati Dishes.
- Happy Cooking enjoy the simple, easy healthy and delicious recipes.
- 100% pure vegetarian Curry, Subzi or Shaak recipes/dishes.
- Beast collection of Indian regional recipes/dishes.
- Please Rate and Share this if you find my recipes Interesting.
- 100% Free recipes of curry and other recipe too.
- Thanks for visiting you every day cooking classes at Food on TV.